Monday, December 21, 2009

New blog, eh?

Well, I guess I should get this blog started. I'm a modder of My Little Ponies, and thought I might document my progress and some of my creations on here, rather than Facebook.

I've been modding for approximately six months now, and though I'm not normally the artistic type, I'm loving it. In my real life, I'm a student of Dairy Science and Biology, and absolutely love all kinds of science, though it can be a bit much sometimes. My ponies are my diversion when I'm overwhelmed by science and school.

I'm not active in any MLP forums, though I do peruse them regularly. At the moment I've only sold ponies to people I know from school, but I'll probably branch out to an Etsy store eventually. Right now I'll do a commission if the opportunity comes up, but I'm not actively out there trying to get work.

Now, I'm far from perfect, or even a professional level. But that's a lot of why I started this blog! I want to document what techniques work for me, what techniques are terrible, and the improvement in my ponies. If I can help anyone out along the way, all the better!

I have a Pony Preparation tutorial coming up soon. There are some good guides out there, but sometimes the wording can get confusing, so I came up with a photo tutorial on what to do. I also have a semi-tutorial on how to prepare one of those impossible figure-skating/ballet ponies, though I've yet to figure out how to get the last skate off...

No comments:

Post a Comment